Gentlemen of the
Builders Tee Club:
||May 14, 2020|
DAY 60 - BTC SHUTDOWN STILL IN EFFECT. Sadly, there is no clear end in sight for those of us living in Illinois, but there is still hope that a June 2nd opening can happen. We will have to wait and see.
In the meantime, I'm sure several of you are able to sneak out to play a round somewhere, but hopefully all are complying with the State's guidelines.
As previously announced, our thoughts and prayers go out to Larry Gramith and his family on the passing of his wife, Nancy, on May 1st. Services have been held.
Also, it is sad to report that Randy Thomure, a member since 2018, also passed away on May 4th from mesothelioma. Our condolences to the Thomure family on his passing. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Finally, Ron Kogut has undergone a second surgery on his spine back in late April. I have been unsuccessful in getting an update on his progress after surgery, so if anyone can provide an update on Ron's progress, it would be greatly appreciated. I will provide an update as soon as I can.
Sick & Vigil
Please send any sick & vigil to Larry Garetto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthdays of the Week & Other Famous People Born this Day
If your birthday is not in the roster book and you would like to participate, please contact Peter.
Happy birthday to the following BTC Members:
· Jim Sujka – May 12th - Shares a birthday with Yogi Berra (MLB Hall of Fame catcher and manager) Homer Simpson (Fictional TV character) and Tony Hawk (Skateboarder)
· Frank Reichenberger – May 14th Shares a birthday with George Lucas (Star Wars) and Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook Founder)
· Terry Samoska – May 18th Shares a birthday with Pope John Paul ll (Pope), Reggie Jackson ( MLB Hall of Fame right fielder) and Tina Fey (Saturday Night Live comedian)
· Dan Woodward – May 18th Shares a birthday with Pope John Paul ll (Pope), Reggie Jackson ( MLB Hall of Fame right fielder) and Tina Fey (Saturday Night Live comedian)
· Craig O’Reilly – May 21st Shares a birthday with Aurelia Cotta (Mother of Julius Caesar), Alexander Pope (English Poet) and Fats Waller (Jazz Musician)
· Bob Martino – May 22nd Shares a birthday with Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes author)
· Ken Pencak – May 23rd Shares a birthday with King Philip l (King of France) and Drew Carey(Comedian)
· Les Podlasek – May 24th Shares a birthday with Bob Dylan(Singer-songwriter) and John C. Reilly(actor)
· Jerry Junkas – May 25th Shares a birthday with Bill Robinson (Bojangles), Bill Sharman ( NBA Hall of Famer) and Ian McKellen (Actor, X-men)
· Phil Jurczewski – May 25th Shares a birthday with Bill Robinson (Bojangles), Bill Sharman ( NBA Hall of Famer) and Ian McKellen (Actor, X-men)
· Larry Lloyd – May 25th Shares a birthday with Bill Robinson (Bojangles), Bill Sharman ( NBA Hall of Famer) and Ian McKellen (Actor, X-men)
· Corey Rob – May 28th Shares a birthday with Jim Thorpe (Versatile Athlete), T-Bone Walker (Blues Guitarist) and Jerry West (NBA Hall of Fame guard)
Happy Birthday Guys !
Schroeder Golf Outing -ON
HOLD- Call for details
-ON HOLD- Call for details
The 36th annual Linguini Classic in Stevens Point, WI will be held on June 11th thru June 13th. Sentry World and Lake Arrowhead golf courses are featured. This trip includes 54 holes of golf, lodging, some meals, and prizes. There are openings for 12 golfers. Signup is open thru May 15th, as a group or individual. The signup sheet can be found under the "Other-Flea Market" tab on the website. Steve Ostrowski was our winner in 2019. Give Rich Schroeder a phone call (708-878-3913) with any questions. A copy of the flyer can be found on our web site www.builderstee.com or (CLICK HERE). Feel free to invite a friend or 2 to come along also.
Interrupting our regular programming, for an urgent announcement. All information is taken straight from the CDC website, the following is not fake news or a Dem hoax despite what many of you might think.
Early information out of China, where COVID-19 first started, shows that some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. This includes:
Older adults (over 65)
People who have serious chronic medical conditions like:
If a COVID-19 outbreak happens in
your community, it could last for a long time. (An outbreak
is when a large number of people suddenly get sick.)
Depending on how severe the outbreak is, public health
officials may recommend community actions to reduce people’s
risk of being exposed to COVID-19. These actions can slow
the spread and reduce the impact of disease.
If you are at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19, you should:
· Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
· Avoid crowds as much as possible.
· Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
· Watch for symptoms and emergency warning signs
· Pay attention for potential COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you feel like you are developing symptoms call your doctor!
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. In adults, emergency warning signs*:
· Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
· Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
· New confusion or inability to arouse
· Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
And lastly What to Do if You Get Sick
Stay home and call your doctor
· Call your healthcare provider and let them know about your symptoms. Tell them that you have or may have COVID-19. This will help them take care of you and keep other people from getting infected or exposed.
· If you are not sick enough to be hospitalized, you can recover at home. Follow CDC instructions for how to take care of yourself at home.
· Know when to get emergency help
· Get medical attention immediately if you have any of the emergency warning signs listed above.
TEXT and EMAIL updates of golf course cancellations, etc are available, but each member has to sign-up, and it only takes 2 minutes . Click on this link, http://builderstee.com/TextMessageSignup.html, and follow the instructions (or see below).
Chairmen, Greg Lewis & Rich
Schroeder, can issue the
notices, so contact one of us, when needed. If it's a general
notice, it will also appear on our website, near the top of the current newsletter
page. On occasion, a notice may need to refer you to the
website, for more information, as the text notice is limited to
100 characters. Let Rich know if additional information
needs to be posted to the website. Currently there
are 111 members signed up for this service.
Currently there are 111 members signed up for this service.
SOMETHING NEW FOR OUR MEMBERS - We are going to put a video, etc. on the web site, that's "in the news" or good for your tennis game (Click Here) or for the bowlers (Click Here). Here's also the bonus link, to help get your golf game in shape for next season. If anyone has photos or videos to share, of our Club in action, please email them to Webmaster@builderstee.com. If your screen ever displays out-dated information, try to Refresh your PC first (F5 key). The website has recently been updated to be more "mobile-device friendly". Try visiting us from your tablet or smart phone, and send us your feedback.
Also, remember to check the "Other/Fleamarket"
page for golf-related equipment for sale & upcoming golf events from our members.
Advertising here is
FREE, for members only.
more bowling stats
more bowling stats. Click HERE for current golf handicaps & Full Season Golf Schedule. Last year's financial report as presented by our Treasurer (click here).
Hopefully we will get to meet Jack on the golf course this year and make him feel welcome.
GOLF NEWS - Dick Kamin
Due to the governor's orders, Our
BTC President and myself have decided there will be no Club golf
events until at least June 2, 2020. During the month of May I will
be working with the golf courses to rework our schedule for the rest
of the year so that it complies with any restrictions that may be
imposed. I also need your cooperation in signing up for the
President's Cup and the 2-Man Tournament (About 25 entries so far)
soon, so that I know how many spots we have to form brackets and coordinate with the golf courses so they can accommodate our needs once we are able to proceed with the start of our season.
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT ME (708-359-9000) IF INTERESTED IN ANY OF THE EVENTS AND LEAVE ME A MESSAGE. I will not be calling back or responding to all messages, but will be building lists of names for the events. Please DO NOT send money to me. Thank you for your cooperation during this uncertain time.
In regards to the President's Cup and Club Championship tournaments, do not sign up if you think you are going to miss matches on the dates scheduled. Also, there is a new rule implemented for 2020 concerning President's Cup and club Championship: If you miss more than 1 scheduled match, you forfeit that match.
BUILDERS TEE 2020 GOLF SCHEDULE
4-21 SILVER LAKE NORTH - CANCELLED
4-28 RAVISLOE - CANCELLED
5-5 SANCTUARY - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 1ST RD PRES CUP - POSTPONED
5-12 GLENWOODIE - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 1ST RD 2-MAN - POSTPONED
5-19 GLENEAGLES WHITE - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 2ND RD PRES CUP - POSTPONED
5-26 BROKEN ARROW -10:30 SHOTGUN - 2ND RD 2-MAN - POSTPONED
6-2 TUCKAWAY - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 3RD RD PRES CUP
6-8 POTTAWATTAMIE CC -11:00 SHOTGUN - CHICAGO TIME - 4 WINDS HOTEL
6-9 WHITAKER WOODS - 11:00 SHOTGUN - CHICAGO TIME
6-16 GLENEAGLES RED - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 3RD RD 2-MAN
6-23 RAVISLOE CC-10:30 SHOTGUN - FINALS PRES CUP - 1ST HALF DG TOURNEY
6-30 SILVER LAKE SOUTH - 10:00 SHOTGUN - CALCUTTA
7-7 CARRIAGE GREENS - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 1ST RD CLUB CHAMP
7-14 GREEN GARDEN GOLD - 10:30 SHOTGUN - MAKE UP WEEK
7-21 DEER CREEK - 10:30 SHOTGUN - CALCUTTA
7-28 TUCKAWAY -10:30 SHOTGUN - 4TH RD 2-MAN
8-4 GLENWOODIE - 10:30 SHOTGUN - ITALIAN DAY - MAKE UP WEEK
8-11 BROKEN ARROW -10:30 SHOTGUN - 2ND RD CLUB CHAMP
8-18 SILVER LAKE NORTH - 10:00 SHOTGUN - 5TH RD 2-MAN
8-25 GREEN GARDEN GOLD - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 3RD RD CLUB CHAMP
9-1 DEER CREEK - 10:30 SHOTGUN - FINALS 2-MAN
9-8 SANCTUARY - 10:30 SHOTGUN - FINALS CLUB CHAMP
9-15 GLENEAGLES WHITE - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 1ST RD WORLD SERIES
9-21 METAMORA FIELDS - 12:00 SHOTGUN - CHICAGO TIME - PARADICE HOTEL
9-22 METAMORA FIELDS - 11:00 SHOTGUN - CHICAGO TIME
9-29 SILVER LAKE SOUTH - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 2ND RD WORLD SERIES - 2ND HALF DGT
10-6 RAVISLOE CC - 10:30 SHOTGUN - 2-MAN ALT SHAMBLE
10-13 MEADOWS -10:30 SHOTGUN - BEGGARS PIZZA PARTY AFTERWARD
11-3 SILVER LAKE CC – 6:30 PM GOLF DINNER & ELECTION OF OFFICERS